What do the terms beta reader, critique partner, and developmental editor even mean? What the heck is an alpha reader? Why should you care? As we so often hear, writing is rewriting, and it’s the editors, CPs, and readers that help make a story great. Listen in for insights on the editing process, secrets and tricks of the trade, and tips on how to FIND these people to begin with.
This episode’s cheat sheet…
Our subtopics of the week:
- 3:15 – What’s the difference between a critique partner & a beta reader?
- 17:50 – What’s the difference between a critique partner and a developmental editor?
- 30:00 – How do I find an editor and ask for a sample?
- 37:05 – How do I find a beta reader or critique partner?
- 48:00 – What’s a solid editing process?
I got around to posting this podcast on all my social media, but failed to get it on my blog! Ugh. If you’d like to listen CLICK HERE!